Becoming a parent is one of the best things--if not THE best thing--in my life. (Marrying Bryce was pretty great, too.) I did NOT anticipate how I would love it. I had a life list of things to check off and it was just an item on the list. However, that is not what happened. From the moment that I held Lev in the hospital (you know, after they sewed me back up), I was never the same. I love him dearly. Whatever he does is the most adorable thing or the most interesting thing or the funniest thing or the best thing I have ever seen. I mean, look at this kid. How cute is he! Even with that strange pattern of hair loss.
Let's be real. I get frustrated and I need time to myself. I do. And luckily, I have a great partner who lets me take that time so I can come back a better parent.
We always talked about how people who have kids always say: "You gotta have kids" or "It's hard but it's worth it." We rolled our eyes. Don't they HAVE to say that since there's no going back? Now I am here and I finally get it. They meant it. And let me just give you one piece of advice: you gotta have kids.


No comments:
Post a Comment