This post is in reverse chronological order because that's how the photos loaded and I'm not doing it again.
The start of the end was July 31st when my sister Wendy brought her kids to visit. We wrapped up our time house-sitting in Thun and joined the Weitzels in Luzerne.
Lev was ecstatic...
We went on daily excursions around the lake, up the mountain, to various castles. The rain wasn't strong enough to stop us.But before Wendy showed up, we stayed at a house in Thun for someone in our ward. It was right on the lake and we enjoyed the change of scenery (though we kept accidentally breaking things at the house. Seems like that's how it goes, you rarely break things at your own house but suddenly when it's really inconvenient, everything seems like it's made of dry spaghetti.)
This was on one of my favorite runs near Adelboden. We took a gondola up to the top of a waterfall and I continued running up the mountain while Cambrie sauntered around the valley at the top. The clouds rolled in and eventually encapsulated me fully as I ran up a steep ridge. After considerable effort I broke through the clouds and was amply rewarded.
This was another quick ridge hike we did from our base in Thun. You can see Cambrie off in the distance.
We walked out on a very large swinging bridge.
Morning walk at castle grounds near Thun.
View from the balcony.
At the end of July I found out that my old friend from high school, Eric Heywood, had been living in Florence for a few years. He was about to return to Utah so we planned a quick trip to Como to see each other.
This is in Belagio.
Lev Dante and his namesake.
Us and the Aletsch glacier (longest in Europe). It was a great ridge hike.















No comments:
Post a Comment