Sunday, October 4, 2020

Great Swiss Bakeoff

I don't know if it's her motherly instincts kicking in, the excess time-off, or inspiration from above, but Cambrie has been baking more than she ever has. Everyone voted and we're happy about it.

It's so fun for us to plan new things to bake and to find new occasions to justify the effort. I think it's also funny because Cambrie has always sworn that she hates cooking in any form. People have often tried to convince her that if she just gets into it she would like it, but she adamantly argued that she was never born to cook. I guess our interests, passions, and convictions change over time. It does make me think that there could be hobbies or ideas out there that I have rejected but I may like now. If anyone out there in the universe reading this has an experience like that I'd love to hear about it.

While we've been in Bern (about a month now), she has baked mini key lime pies:
She made cinnamon rolls (pictured unfrosted, how scandalous):
Cookies:
And my personal favorite, the elegant cheese danish:
Not pictured, healthy muffins...weird that we didn't take a picture of those...don't read into it.


............................................
Added Oct. 25th 

Phenomenal pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Endless Summer - Except Without Surfing

  This post is in reverse chronological order because that's how the photos loaded and I'm not doing it again.  The start of the end...