Saturday, August 22, 2020

Whirlwind of weekend trips


I'm really not going to give much more than little snippets from each trip since there are so many. 

Potsdam: Sansoussi Castle and German BBQ with friends from my work program (such amazing food!).


Leipzig: Tried to go to where Bach is buried and built some organs but it closed right as we approached.


Dresden: Amazing that it was rebuilt. Beautiful city. Great Apfelstrudel.


Saxon-Switzerland: Nothing like the rest of Saxony, nothing like Switzerland (or so I hear). Beautiful nonetheless. Actually reminds me of Maple Canyon if Maple Canyon had some castles.



Amsterdam: Rainy. Van Gogh. Not my favorite. 


Rugen: Island at the Baltic sea with lovely white chalk cliffs and great ice cream. I didn't know swans swam in the sea, but it alliterates well so there you go.

Prague: Lovely town. Went with some friends from church (which we have actually only been to a couple of times here...ah covid19, how you have messed with the status quo). This is the oldest astronomical clock still working and has the 12 apostles come out and dance every hour. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Endless Summer - Except Without Surfing

  This post is in reverse chronological order because that's how the photos loaded and I'm not doing it again.  The start of the end...