Saturday, August 22, 2020

Berlin: Pandemic Pandemonium: Moving to Wannsee

 


A few weeks into the pandemic we were pretty worn thin. I worked with ebay and we were able to get a nice house on the outskirts of Berlin in a neighborhood called Wannsee. IT CHANGED EVERYTHING! We live in a forest surrounded by lakes and historic beautiful houses. We went from 400 sq ft to probably 2000 sq ft. My job ended up going much better, Cambrie's mental health improved, my running was much more enjoyable. We even decided we wouldn't mind at all living here after the program. The only downside really is that I really liked some of the items at the bakery near our old house. Oh quarktasche, how I miss you so...



This is a view from the Wannsee House, where a few small men decided to eradicate the European continent of Jews. I found the stark serenity and beauty haunting with such a macabre history. 

There are TONS of foxes here. This one just followed us on one of our forest walks until I chased it away. One time, we were making enchilladas and we left the door open to get a breeze through the house. Suddenly Cambrie screamed. I looked over and a fox had walked into the doorway and was licking his chops. I couldn't blame him, the enchilladas smelled divine. And it's just so hard to get good Mexican food here. The poor little guy. He only left when I shooed him out, but now I wish I had snapped a picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Endless Summer - Except Without Surfing

  This post is in reverse chronological order because that's how the photos loaded and I'm not doing it again.  The start of the end...