Since the pandemic pulling a "Pinky and the Brain" (taking over the world...get it?) right now, we are forced to shut in a bit more. Nonetheless, I get antsy pretty quickly so instead of exposing ourselves to public transportation, restaurants, hotels, and people in general, we have been exploring around here more lately.
First we start with the bears. There are three who live on a hillside by the river 5 minutes from us. I assume this one takes his porridge particularly hot and is pretty upset about someone sleeping in his bed.
We took a stroll today to enjoy Autumn in the city, so here are some pictures of that.
Bern with the Alps in the background
I don't know why, but I always love seeing mushroom clusters
Under the bridge
A very unique part of Bern is that clean water surrounds you at all times. The crystalline Aare River surrounds the city (it is a tradition to float down the river, which we have done several times). There are also 100 public fountains around the city center, most from the 16th century. In the background the Zytglogge, an 800 year old astronomical clock tower, can be seen. We live just to the left of this fountain above an antique shop. I hope I am never numb to the beauty of this city.






No comments:
Post a Comment